Monday, February 25, 2008

56. Perfect Date act 2 sc3-Eric







  • FADE IN

  • EXT. HOVER CAR-NIGHT

  • Glen and Cassie sit silent in a hover car, cruising above a street. Lights blare in from time to time.

  • Glen turns toward Chassie. He places a friendly hand on her leg.

  • GLEN
  • I know. it's a lot to take in.

  • Chassie gives him a dirty look and retracts from his hand.

  • CHASSIE
  • So when did you plan on telling us?.

  • Glen sighs softly.

  • CHASSIE
  • How long have you known?

  • GLEN
  • It's not import-

  • CHASSIE
  • HOW LONG?

  • GLEN
  • I found out a few months ago.

  • CHASSIE
  • Liar! You've known since you worked there, haven't you?

  • Glen is silent.

  • GLEN
  • It wasn't my choice. And even if I was allowed, I probably wouldn't.

  • Chassie turns to him, staring him down.

  • GLEN
  • How the hell was I supposed to tell you somethin' like this? It's a total mind fuck. I'm still sorting it out in my own head.

  • CHASSIE
  • You know what? It doesn't matter what you say anymore. No one's going to trust you after this.

  • GLEN
  • Just put yourself in-

  • CHASSIE
  • Your little project, that's all we are to you. And all this shit about trust and honesty? I thought you were my friend. I don't even know why I'm with you.

  • Glen turns a corner.

  • GLEN
  • But what am I supposed to do about that now? I came clean. Before you crucify me put yourself on my shoes.

  • Zan and Davier's hover car follows Glen and Chassie.

  • EXT. ELECTRONIC SOLUTIONS-NIGHT

  • Glen and Chassie cruise down the driveway and the hover car slowly sinks to the ground. They exit and walk to the entrace of Electronic Solutions.

  • Glen pulls a card from his pocket and slides it through an electronic sensor on the door. They enter.

  • Zan and Davier's hover car sinks to the ground off at a distance in a wooded part of the property. They pull out binoculars.

  • Zan exits the hover vehicle and sneaks through the woods to Glen's hover car. He places a flashing red device under the chassis.

  • ELECTRONIC SOLUTIONS-NIGHT

  • Chassie stands behind Glen, looking around nervously and impatiently. The place has been ransacked. Drawers and papers are scattered everywhere.

  • GLEN
  • Something's wrong.

  • CHASSIE
  • Ya think? Let's get out of here!

  • Glen frantically slides open the remaining drawers and filing cabinet. He searches through manilla folders. He finally pulls a CD out out of one labeled: Nash, Glen.

  • Glen holds up the CD.

  • GLEN
  • We're outta here.

  • They hurry around the corner to the front door, but Glen suddenly stops, and looks down another hallway. They see Christine, lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

  • GLEN
  • Oh my god!

  • Glen runs to her. He checks her pulse briefly then hoists her over his shoulder.

  • CHASSIE
  • What are you doing!

  • GLEN
  • Getting the hell out of here. Get the door!

  • Chassie runs to the door and tries to open it. It doesn't budge.

  • Glen sighs, and clumsily walks to the door holding Christine. He pivots his right hip toward Chassie.

  • GLEN
  • My left pocket!

  • CHASSIE
  • I smell gas.

  • Chassie reaches into his pocket, brandishing the card. She haphazardly slides it through several times.
  • Smoke billows through the hallway.

  • CHASSIE
  • It's not working!

  • Glen grabs Christine's dangling arm and places her palm over a sensor under the strip. The door slides open. They run out. Chassie frantically helps Glen lower Christine in the back seat, then they enter the vehicle.

  • As Glen starts the engine and begins hovering, three men in olive fatigues rush out of Solutions. They fire at the vehicle, splintering glass.

  • GLEN
  • Shit!

  • Glen speeds off as more bullets clink off the back of the hover car. Electronic Solutuions goes up in flames.

  • CHASSIE
  • What's going on!

  • GLEN
  • I wish I knew. I can't believe this is happening.


No comments: