Friday, February 8, 2008

39. Pilgrim - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. TUX SHOP - DAY

  • RON turns around, trying to get a feel for the tux he is wearing while attempting to continue to look into the large mirror in front of him.

  • He sighs and looks over at MARK, his best man.

  • And old man with a large staff walks past the shops window looking vaguely prophetic.

  • RON
  • You know something odd? I met a guy a few years ago who traveled all around LA on foot.

  • MARK
  • Seriously? Why...could he not afford a car...or even, I mean...there's a bus system?

  • RON
  • Nah man, I don't think it was anything like that...I mean, he may have had the money, but it was about the act itself...he wasn't doing it out of necessity; he was doing it because he wanted to.

  • MARK
  • Wow, like a strange kind of pilgrimage.

  • RON
  • Yeah, exactly...I dunno, do you think we're missing that today? I think we have an innate need for Journey, capital 'J'...but we don't do it much.

  • MARK
  • Yeah? How do you feel about that?

  • RON
  • Profoundly unprepared.

  • MARK
  • Welcome.

  • They both chuckle.

  • Ron finishes inspecting the tux, and nods.

  • RON
  • I like this one.

  • MARK
  • Maybe this is your pilgrimage...

  • Ron's face softens.

  • RON
  • Perhaps...at least I'm taking it with someone.

  • MARK
  • And what a someone to take it with.

  • RON
  • Tell me about it. Let's get out of here.

  • They step away from the mirror and head to the front of the store.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: