Thursday, February 21, 2008

53. Perfect Date act 2-Eric







  • FADE IN

  • INT. APT-NIGHT

  • Glen paces the kitchen, haphazardly putting away dishes. A few plastic bowls and cups tumble out of the cabinet to the floor.

  • Chassie sits on a sofa in the living room, looking at her nails. She finally stops and looks toward Glen.

  • CHASSIE
  • Will you stop putting dishes away at me and tell me what the hell's going on already?

  • Glen stops putting away dishes and rests his hands on the sink counter. He looks at the wall above the sink.

  • GLEN
  • Jesus. I don't even know how to say it.

  • Glen walks into the living room and hands Chassie the prescription bottle.

  • Chassie chuckles.

  • CHASSIE
  • Wow, this is going to be good.

  • Glen continues standing in front of her, impatiently waiting for her to take the pills. She empties a few pills into her hand and takes them. She hands Glen the bottle.
  • He walks back to the kitchen.

  • CHASSIE
  • Hey, if you're coming out of the closet I'm gonna need a few more of those. It's okay Glen. No one believed your macho act anyway.

  • Glen turns around.

  • GLEN
  • This isn't funny Chass. This is some really serious shit.

  • CHASSIE
  • What's going on? Tell me. You know how I work, just give it to me straight.

  • GLEN
  • Sigh Okay...but this is nuts.

  • GLEN (CONT'D)
  • All right. What would you say if I told you, you were the last real woman on earth, and I was the only man. The rest, the entire population are robots and they don't even know it. And the human race depends on us to continue it.

  • Chassie is stunned, her mouth slowly drops for a few seconds. It lifts into a smile.

  • CHASSIE
  • I'd say, who gave you those pills and how the hell can we get more?

  • GLEN
  • I knew this wasn't going to work.

  • CHASSIE
  • No something's working. I think they just kicked in.

  • Chassie rises from the sofa. She smiles and looks at her hands, turning the palms up and down.

  • Glen sighs. Chassie looks at him.

  • CHASSIE
  • I've heard a lot of pick-up lines from guys with dyke fetishes, but. Heh, you're really raising the bar Glen.

  • GLEN
  • Real funny. I'm dead serious here. Solutions hired me as an agent to look for any remaining people. The dating thing is just a front.

  • Chassie grimaces. She leans her shoulders and head back slightly from Glen . She grabs her purse from the sofa and slings it over her shoulder. She walks to the door.

  • CHASSIE
  • You're really creeping me out. Call me when the pills wear off.

  • GLEN
  • Wait!

  • Chassie stands at the door, and turns around.

  • GLEN
  • What if I told you I can prove it?


No comments: