Sunday, February 10, 2008

41 Change of Heart-Eric







  • FADE IN

  • INT. TENT-UNKNOWN

  • A woman sits in a dark tent, talking to herself. She is covered in a canvas bag, her hands are bound tight with rope. Several masked guards armed with arge rifles guard the outside of the tent. Two travelers on camels approach the tent from a distance. Desert winds blow sheets of sand, pelting the travelers.

  • OROMUND
  • I wonder what she looks like?

  • DESMOND
  • Who knows, I don't think anyone has seen her. If you ask me, I think she just gave herself up, I really doubt Zackaraius could've pulled it off.

  • The woman sighs, and tries ot hold a metal canteen to her lips with her bound hands. She manages to touch the top with her lips but then it falls to the ground.

  • WOMAN
  • I wish they would just get this over with. I'm tired of trying to lead everyone. Incessant complaining about every little thing. I should have given up a long time ago. I don't know why I didn't.

  • Orumund and Desmond dismount, leadeing their camels to a stable. As they approach the guards block the entrance and ask for their identification. They brandish two Saudi passports. The guard nods and holds out an empty hand. Desmond pulls a stachel from his belt, and empties several large gold coins into his hand.

  • GUARD
  • Very well, you have five minutes.

  • DESMOND
  • Your majesty...hi. My name is Desmond.

  • WOMAN
  • I know who you are and I know what you want.

  • Desmond lowers himself on his knees and bows.

  • ORUMUND
  • Please tell me why you are giving up.

  • The woman snaps her binds like floss, but leaves the canvas covering over her.

  • WOMAN
  • First of all, I didn't give up. Humanity gave up. Second, yes, Zackaraius couldn't have stopped me. No one in the universe can. To answer your third question, yes, I am indeed relinquishing power, to the most beautiful. That's what the people want.

  • Desmond looks up in shock. Orumund drops to the floor, pleading.

  • ORUMUND
  • Please, please, no! Do not forsake us.

  • DESMOND
  • You said for even ten holy men you would save an entire city.

  • The woman throws off the canvas covering. A blinding light flashes from her, incinerating the men and the tent and the guards.

  • LEON
  • Carl. I'm on to you. I can't give you the kind of love you need. I'm not a queen, CARL!

  • EXT. CITY-DAY

  • A bright being levitates above a platinum city. Desmond and Orumund face her, shielding their eyes.

  • WOMAN
  • Well, the one that calls himself the most high can actually have what he wants. That planet is all his now. Looks like we'll have to start over again, with you two, my faithful servants.

  • FADE OUT


No comments: