Saturday, February 2, 2008

33. Helping Hand-Eric








  • FADE IN

  • EXT. SKY-SUNRISE

  • TYLER AND HALEY soar thousands of feet above a sea, holding hands. They snuggle so tightly they look like one giant person with two parachute packs. Thy are wearing bulky masks inlaid with dark lenses and a breather. A wire runs out of the masks to their collars.

  • TYLER
  • Great idea, these masks. Doesn't hinder the beauty and we can actually hear each other.

  • HALEY
  • I know, isn't it beautiful? It's like the first time every time.

  • TYLER
  • Every time I wake up in the morning and I see you, it's like the first time.

  • HALEY
  • No, that's just your pain meds.

  • HALEY smiles through the mask and they embrace each other tighter, if that's possible. Tyler lifts his swiveling mouth piece and hers, and he kisses her softly.

  • HALEY
  • Well we have about forty seconds before touch down, any lasts words?

  • Tyler and Haley begin spinning out of control. A moment later they straighten themselves. They seem to hover over a tiny island surround by the crystal green ocean.

  • TYLER
  • Last words?

  • Haley embraces him again, staring into his eyes.

  • HALEY
  • I didn't pack a 'chute for you.

  • Tyler's eyes glaze over. He doesn't speak.

  • HALEY
  • I'm just giving you what you wanted. You were too scared. The tumor.

  • TYLER
  • Thanks for euthanizing me. I love you. Don't ever forget how much I love you. I wish I could kiss your heart.

  • Haley opens her swivel mouth piece and kisses Tyler again. Tyler pushes her away.

  • TYLER
  • Hurry! Let me go! You don't have any time! Pull it!

  • HALEY
  • I didn't pack one either, babe.

  • Haley smiles, not taking her eyes from Tyler's. Tyler loosens up, and kisses her. They embrace only a hundred feet over the tiny island. Her shoot opens.

  • FADE OUT


No comments: