Saturday, July 26, 2008

208. Picky, Picky - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. FOOD ON THE CHEAP GROCERY STORE - NIGHT

  • AMY and TONY stalk the spice aisle of the Food on the Cheap grocery store.

  • Amy moves gingerly.

  • TONY
  • Oh for goodness sakes, it's not that bad. It's just a cheap grocery store.

  • AMY
  • Cheap means low quality and less sanitary.

  • Tony rolls his eyes.

  • TONY
  • Ok, I want some rosemary, let's see...we just need a pinch of white pepper, but that's always nice to have on hand, so let me get the big bottle.

  • AMY
  • Mexican oregano?

  • TONY
  • Oh! Good call.

  • Amy slips a small bottle of hand sanitizer from her purse and attempts to clean her hands without Tony noticing.

  • He sees her.

  • TONY
  • Oh for the love of Saint Pete! See, it's a requirement of mine that the woman I marry can shop in an Asian wet market and not blink. This isn't anything.

  • AMY
  • And that's why you travel and I don't. So what else does your ideal woman do?

  • They leave the aisle and head for the fresh produce.

  • TONY
  • I worked on set with a grip once. She could wear a tool belt. Not everyone can wear a tool belt and look good, much less hot. She was smokin' with that tool belt. Not a requirement though....but if my wife can wear a tool belt like that...oh yes, yes it will be a good thing.

  • AMY
  • Well, seeing as I don't even know what a grip is, I'm just going to stay in the no comment zone.

  • Tony starts inspecting fresh basil leaves.

  • Amy rests her hand on a shelf then yanks it off, reaching for the hand sanitizer again.

  • TONY
  • Seriously? What are you afraid of, catching poor people germs?

  • A woman in front of Tony turns and glares.

  • TONY
  • Sorry Ma'am...was speaking in a completely sardonic fashion there. I myself, as a member of the poorer species, ooze poor people germs.

  • The lady shakes her head and turns back to the broccoli.

  • TONY
  • Yeah, but most importantly, my wife will be able shop a wet market fearlessly and with the skill of Leonardo da Vinci.

  • AMY
  • Good thing I'm your cousin then, Mr. Picky Picky.

  • He pokes her shoulder.

  • TONY
  • Good thing.

  • She rolls her eyes at him.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: