Friday, July 4, 2008

186. Beach Bums - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • EXT. BEACH - MORNING

  • JILLIAN jog across the sand, taking the sunrise in.

  • Her toned legs extend from her capri cargo pants, her bikini top shows off well-developed abs.

  • She slows as she sees ADAM standing behind his easel.

  • She walks towards him.

  • JILLIAN
  • Morning.

  • Adam looks up from his painting and smiles.

  • ADAM
  • Hey, I'm Adam.

  • JILLIAN
  • Jillian.

  • ADAM
  • Jillian eh? Not Jill, Jilly, Lian?

  • JILLIAN
  • Jillian.

  • ADAM
  • Cool.

  • JILLIAN
  • So I've been jogging here for months - haven't seen you before.

  • ADAM
  • Just moved to town.

  • JILLIAN
  • So why here so early? I'm here because I hate the beach at any other time.

  • ADAM
  • When there's no one except you and the sand.

  • JILLIAN
  • Exactly, I guess I love the beach, just hate the crowds and the stupid things people do when they're at the beach. The only way to appreciate it is right now - solitude.

  • ADAM
  • Agreed. See that house there?

  • He points to a house tucked into a row of beach condos.

  • It's an older house with a large porch and bay windows staring out into the ocean.

  • Jillian nods.

  • ADAM
  • That's my dream house and that's why I hate the beach.

  • JILLIAN
  • It's a beautiful house. I love it too. Let me see...it makes you upset because it's so crowded in with all that crap.

  • She waves at the condos.

  • JILLIAN
  • It needs to stand by itself on a bluff. But not too far from neighbors, good neighbors - a three minute walk from good neighbors; neighbors you had over to watch the ocean and drink tea and converse.

  • Adam smiles and turns the canvas towards her.

  • The painting shows the house standing by itself on a cliff high above the ocean.

  • JILLIAN
  • I like you.

  • Several cars pull up and beach-goers spill out onto the sand.

  • JILLIAN
  • Looks like my...our peace is about to be disrupted. I have to finish my run. Same time tomorrow?

  • Adam shrugs.

  • ADAM
  • Maybe.

  • JILLIAN
  • Oh, you know you will be.

  • He winks at her and she jogs away, laughing.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: