Tuesday, July 8, 2008

190. Yogurt - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY

  • Shafts of afternoon light shine through the rooms large windows, giving the space a melancholy air.

  • PATRICE sweeps in, tidying the already neat room in an attempt to stay busy.

  • She pauses, then sits down on the couch and starts crying.

  • The front door creaks open and ANDREW sticks his head in.

  • ANDREW
  • Patty?

  • She looks up.

  • ANDREW
  • Patty.

  • He walks over and sits next to her.

  • PATTY
  • I wasn't ready for her to go.

  • ANDREW
  • I know. None of us were. She was such an amazing woman.

  • Patty stands and tries to bustle around the room.

  • PATTY
  • I got to spend time with her just before she died. If that hadn't happened, I'd be in terrible shape. Tony's going to be a wreck. He's off in Uganda this week. She says...said to tell you that you're a beautiful scoundrel and that you'd better miss her.

  • Andrew throws back his head and laughs.

  • ANDREW
  • I already am.

  • Patty starts crying again.

  • Andrew pulls her into his arms and holds her until she catches her breath.

  • PATTY
  • Thanks for being here.

  • Andrew leans over and peeks into the kitchen.

  • ANDREW
  • Darling, I'm just here for the yogurt, I just wanted to let you know before someone else told you. That's all I'm interested in.

  • She smacks him, laughing and sniffling.

  • ANDREW
  • I'm not kidding, get me some yogurt, woman.

  • He tries his best to keep a straight face.

  • PATTY
  • Thank you.

  • He nods.

  • ANDREW
  • Of course.

  • PATTY
  • Now help me get the food set up before anyone else comes.

  • She slips into the kitchen and Andrew follows her.

  • ANDREW (VO)
  • Yogurt!

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: