Tuesday, July 1, 2008

183. War - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • EXT. HOLLYWOOD BLVD. - NIGHT

  • ANGEL stands in the shadows at the edge of the sidewalk, her back against a building as she scans the street.

  • BOBBY stands next to her primping.

  • He adjusts his fishnet stockings and smirks at his reflection.

  • Angel looks at him inquisitively.

  • ANGEL
  • You look like you're enjoying this.

  • BOBBY
  • Honey, it's because I do. All my needs fulfilled and all I have to do is lie still. Sorry baby, you're still a little fresh; you'll get used to it. Then maybe you'll start liking it.

  • Angel shakes her head.

  • ANGEL
  • I can't start liking this. Because then it's over. I'm not willing to settle for this; I want there to be more.

  • She looks up at the Hollywood Hills and stares at the glittering houses perched above.

  • ANGEL
  • There's something very wrong about this.

  • She can't take her eyes off the beautiful houses; the decay around her creates a stark contrast.

  • BOBBY
  • What's that babe?

  • ANGEL
  • Nothing, Bobby.

  • BOBBY
  • No really, I'm listening.

  • ANGEL
  • I read someplace...

  • BOBBY
  • Oh, a smart one.

  • ANGEL
  • Shhhh. I read that in Sanskrit, the word war means "desire for more cows." It's like they keep taking our cows. So what's the difference, they're waging war on us. They're taking all our cows.

  • BOBBY
  • Honey! You're not going to see me caught dead next to a cow. God. Unless I'm wearing them.

  • He inspects his shoes.

  • Angel rolls her eyes and turns back to her reflection in the building window.

  • Her hair has a shock of pink hair and two piercings hang from her lip.

  • Her clothes are threadbare but clean.

  • A Bentley rolls up and a tinted window slowly descends.

  • The DRIVER and his PASSENGER inspect Angel.

  • DRIVER
  • You feel like something exotic tonight?

  • PASSENGER
  • Yeah, she's hot.

  • The driver turns to Angel and waves a wad of cash.

  • DRIVER
  • Get in.

  • She obeys.

  • BOBBY
  • Hey honey.

  • DRIVER
  • Not tonight. Besides, you look drunk.

  • BOBBY
  • Well maybe I am. But you're ugly and tomorrow I'll be sober.

  • PASSENGER
  • Yeah, definitely don't need one cribbing from Churchill. Let's go

  • DRIVER
  • Get out of my face.

  • Bobby steps back, offended.

  • Angel sits in the back, looking small and afraid.

  • Bobby gives her a small smile and nods at her.

  • The car pulls away and Bobby is left in the sodium glow of street lamps and the heavy scent of urine while the beautiful homes glitter above his head.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: