Saturday, July 5, 2008

187. Jitters - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. CHURCH BATHROOM - DAY

  • ANDI stands, inspecting her wedding gown in the large bank of mirrors.

  • ELLEN, her bridesmaid, nods approvingly.

  • ELLEN
  • I think we're ready.

  • ANDI
  • Yeah, just one more thing - can you get Mark? Bring him here.

  • ELLEN
  • Andi!

  • ANDI
  • Just do it, please.

  • Ellen scowls and leaves the room.

  • Andi spins slowly in her dress, still checking it.

  • The door opens and Mark walks in, handsome in his crisply-pressed suit.

  • Ellen follows.

  • ANDI
  • You, out.

  • ELLEN
  • No way.

  • ANDI
  • Out.

  • Ellen turns to Mark.

  • ELLEN
  • I'm watching you.

  • She leaves, slamming the door.

  • The organ prelude vibrates through the halls.

  • MARK
  • You ok?

  • ANDI
  • Kind of second-guessing.

  • MARK
  • Don't. You guys are perfect.

  • ANDI
  • I just keep thinking about us.

  • MARK
  • You know that wouldn't have been the best thing.

  • ANDI
  • Do I?

  • MARK
  • We were made to be friends. There's a reason we stayed that way. Chris is amazing and you know it. Don't let jitters psych you out.

  • ANDI
  • Yeah...

  • MARK
  • We would have been good together, not great. You and Chris? Excellent.

  • The organ swells.

  • ANDI
  • You're right. Thanks for respecting me. I love you.

  • MARK
  • I love you too Andi. Now go get married, I'm right behind you.

  • She hugs him, then rushes out.

  • He turns to the mirror and lets out a breath, then wipes his eyes.

  • Ellen walks back in.

  • ELLEN
  • You believe all that?

  • MARK
  • I'm working on it.

  • ELLEN
  • I'm sorry.

  • MARK
  • He's the better man. I'll just have to deal.

  • He opens the door.

  • MARK
  • After you.

  • Ellen slips out and Mark follows.

  • The door swings shut on the empty bathroom.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: