Saturday, July 12, 2008

194. Sk3kina: The Quiet One - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. CHURCH - DAY

  • DAVE kneels at the front of the church praying softly.

  • DAVE
  • God, thanks so much for all the blessings you've given me. I don't know what it is about me, but thanks, you keep doing more than I could imagine.

  • The door at the back of the church opens the SILENT WOMAN peers inside.

  • She is dressed in a flowing white dress and combat boots.

  • DAVE
  • In Jesus'...oh, if there's anything you want me to do, just let me know. Show me how I can serve you.

  • He pauses for a half second.

  • DAVE
  • No? That's alright, I know you're silent sometimes, just let me know, OK? In Jesus' name, Amen.

  • He stands, turns around and almost bumps into the Silent Woman who is right behind him.

  • She studies him for a moment, then slaps him, hard.

  • DAVE
  • Ow! Look, you have no right just hauling off on me, I don't even know you.

  • She tilts her head to the side sardonically, then grabs his hand and pull him towards the back of the church.

  • DAVE
  • Hey, wait just a minute!

  • He struggles, but she pulls him with ease to the door and opens it.

  • She shoves him outside.

  • EXT. CHURCH - DAY

  • Dave blinks in the sunlight.

  • An OLD WOMAN pushes a cart down the sidewalk in front of the church's beautiful exterior.

  • The Silent Woman points to the woman.

  • DAVE
  • What?

  • The Silent Woman looks at him meaningfully, then points to the woman again.

  • Dave moves down the church steps, then turns around.

  • There is no sign of the silent woman.

  • DAVE
  • Hey, lady!

  • The old woman turns around.

  • Dave waves his hands apologetically.

  • DAVE
  • Not you.

  • She shoots him a dirty look, then continues at her painstaking pace.

  • Dave looks around again, looks at the old woman, then sits down on the stairs and exhales.

  • He looks up at the sky.

  • DAVE
  • Fine. Fine.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: