Tuesday, July 22, 2008

204. Greener Grass - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. THE 101 CAFE - DAY

  • JASON and DAVID sit across from each other at a small table.

  • The Cafe is decorated in 70s browns and oranges, the large picture windows at the front look out over busy Franklin Ave.

  • The sound of the nearby 101 freeway is a constant hum.

  • Jason sips at his hot chocolate.

  • JASON
  • I had this really odd moment earlier today.

  • DAVID
  • Do tell.

  • JASON
  • So you know I'm still subscribed to ThreeFinger's youtube channel? Right, well, they put their new showreel up. It had a few clips with the gang from Atlanta. And I just really started missing that job.

  • DAVID
  • Dude, we hated working there, what are you talking about?

  • JASON
  • I know, that was the funny thing. But it was the fact that we were meeting all these neat people and the fact that I felt secure and had some goals.

  • DAVID
  • And were miserable.

  • JASON
  • Yeah, there was definitely a part of me that was thinking "Oh thank God I'm not there anymore. I'm so glad I'm not working on any of those features." But, I had a plan then.

  • DAVID
  • And you were burnt out.

  • JASON
  • Dang it! I know I know; you know I haven't forgotten any of that. But I just started missing those few good people and the great little diners and streets in Atlanta. And you know what; I used to take you out to eat, you come and visit now, and you have to pay for me. I'm tired of that.

  • DAVID
  • Hey, you would do the same for me, you did; don't even think about it.

  • JASON
  • And yet.

  • David nods and sips his Chai.

  • JASON
  • I'm not nearly in as bad a place mentally as last year, but I'm ready for a change. I'm jut tired of feeling so aimless. I'm a worker, I work hard, and here I am, spending most of my time twiddling my thumbs and trying to figure out what to do next.

  • DAVID
  • You're here for a reason, and of the two of us, you had the guts to come out here; it'll work out.

  • JASON
  • You're so sure.

  • DAVID
  • I am.

  • JASON
  • Thanks. I still might go back and curl up in a ball and be miserable, but it'll be a happier miserable than before lunch.

  • DAVID
  • Good, that's all I ask.

  • They grin at each other and sip their drinks.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: