Saturday, April 5, 2008

96. Best Left Unsaid - Leslie






  • FADE IN:

  • EXT. PARK BENCH - DAY

  • HARRY sits on the park bench scribbling idly in his notebook.

  • He glances up occasionally noting the people walking through the verdant park grounds.

  • MAY sees the bench from the path and angles towards it, plopping onto the wooden slats.

  • She glances at Harry and he nods politely back.

  • She smiles, then doubletakes.

  • MAY
  • Harry?

  • HARRY
  • Oh my goodness. May? May! Hey, how's it going?

  • MAY
  • Harry?

  • HARRY
  • How're you?

  • MAY
  • Harry?

  • HARRY
  • Honestly?

  • MAY
  • Sure, why not?

  • HARRY
  • Not great.

  • MAY
  • What's up?

  • Harry shrugs slightly.

  • HARRY
  • Breakup.

  • MAY
  • Ah.

  • HARRY
  • Not great.

  • MAY
  • What's up?

  • HARRY
  • Not that you would really care.

  • MAY
  • Not fair.

  • HARRY
  • But true.

  • MAY
  • Maybe a little. Hey, look...I had good reason to break up with you. I'm sure she did too.

  • HARRY
  • Hey, that's really not fair.

  • MAY
  • But true.

  • HARRY
  • Maybe...a little.

  • MAY
  • You can be a real jerk. Yeah, sure, you have sensitive moments...ridiculously amazing sensitive moments but then you swing the other way...I mean, there's something to be said for spontaneity, but that mercurial crap.

  • HARRY
  • You women and your sensitivity, whatever...we had fun times.

  • MAY
  • And there he goes again.

  • HARRY
  • Hey, I didn't sit next to you.

  • MAY
  • I didn't know I was sitting next to you.

  • HARRY
  • Why don't you just let me wallow.

  • MAY
  • You wouldn't have to wallow if you just listened and tried to change.

  • HARRY
  • I was trusting you with my feelings, and you turned this into a whole thing about me and you. You don't even know what happened, and there's no need to tell you, you obviously don't care, and I'm not even going to defend myself.

  • MAY
  • I don't need to hear your story, you haven't changed.

  • MAY
  • Shouldn't have said anything.

  • HARRY
  • Guess not.

  • They both look away from each other and out over the park, quietly ignoring the other.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: