Thursday, April 3, 2008

94. Real? - Leslie






  • FADE IN:

  • INT. YAP FAMILY HOUSE - DAY

  • BOBBY walks into the house, followed by a toddler-sized white ROBOT with a sleek, expressive face who rolls softly onto the carpet.

  • NAOMI sits on the couch, and looks up as they enter.

  • NAOMI
  • Hey honey.

  • BOBBY
  • Hey babe, just picked up the replacement 'bot.

  • NAOMI
  • You got the new model right?

  • C-32H
  • Uh, I'm here you know. Rude to speak about someone in the third person.

  • Naomi's jaw drops slightly.

  • BOBBY
  • Yeah, the, uh, new model came with enhanced personality.

  • NAOMI
  • And attitude?

  • BOBBY
  • I kind of liked that.

  • C-32H
  • I'm still here.

  • BOBBY
  • Sorry C.

  • NAOMI
  • You're apologizing?

  • BOBBY
  • Well, she has feelings. Well, no, not really, but...

  • C-32H
  • Yeah, my programming's good enough to make it seem like I have detailed thought processes and feelings. Weirding you out a bit? I kind of like it...or well, I would if I really liked anything.

  • NAOMI
  • Wow.

  • BOBBY
  • She's cool eh?

  • NAOMI
  • Not a fan.

  • C-32H
  • Look lady, still here.

  • NAOMI
  • What does it take to reprogram the attitude?

  • C-32H
  • I can show you, but that version of me is so boring. At least, I'd think it was boring...if I really got bored.

  • Bobby shrugs apologetically, and walks out of the living room.

  • C-23H rolls behind him, pausing to smirk at Naomi.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: