Thursday, April 24, 2008

115. Stories in Ink - Leslie





  • FADE IN:

  • INT. TATTOO SHOP - EVENING

  • ANDI lies, face-down, on a tattoo table, her shirt rolled up to her mid back.

  • RAJ is tattooing an intricate design at the center of her back.

  • It is composed of tiny symbols that trace her spinal cord.

  • RAJ
  • So Jay recommended me?

  • ANDI
  • Yeah, he really liked your work.

  • RAJ
  • Man, that's pretty high praise.

  • ANDI
  • It is; he's done all my other work.

  • RAJ
  • Really? That's awesome dude, I love the loyalty.

  • ANDI
  • We have history. But he's still recovering, and this one, it kind of needed to be done now.

  • RAJ
  • Yeah, that accident, man...bummer. You have some real beautiful work, he's done a great job. It's really not traditional either.

  • ANDI
  • Yeah, I usually design mine. Jay's done a few, or helped tweak some anyway.

  • RAJ
  • Very cool. And these symbols? I see them in a lot of your tats.

  • ANDI
  • My personal alphabet.

  • RAJ
  • Neato! What was your first?

  • ANDI
  • The one on my arm there, the flower.

  • Raj traces down the half sleeve on her arm, and find it ends in a band of red symbols, wrapped around an abstract, purple flower.

  • He exhales slowly.

  • RAJ
  • That's gorgeous.

  • ANDI
  • Yeah, they each have a story.

  • Raj chuckles.

  • RAJ
  • That's the way it should be. So what's the story behind this one?

  • ANDI
  • I got it the morning after I was raped.

  • RAJ
  • Wow.

  • He pauses.

  • They sit in silence for a long moment.

  • She looks over at him after a bit.

  • ANDI
  • Thanks.

  • Raj nods silently, and then presses the needle against her skin, beginning again.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: