Thursday, October 30, 2008

304. Just Stay - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY

  • AMY sits by the window looking at the gloomy weather outside.

  • Rain slides down the glass and Amy's eyes follow it.

  • RYAN wanders into the room and comes up behind her.

  • RYAN
  • Hey, can I see the newness?

  • She ignores him.

  • He teasingly pulls at the back of her shirt, revealing the base of a fresh tattoo crawling up the left side of her back.

  • AMY
  • Quit.

  • RYAN
  • What's up?

  • AMY
  • Mmm.

  • She doesn't move.

  • RYAN
  • You know, communication might work.

  • AMY
  • Just leave me alone, please.

  • RYAN
  • Ok.

  • He begins to walk away.

  • She turns around.

  • AMY
  • You're supposed to say "No, you don't have to say anything, but I'm going to stay."

  • RYAN
  • Thanks for translating. Or you could consider just saving me the trouble and giving me an operating manual.

  • She turns away.

  • RYAN
  • I'm sorry. I'll stay.

  • AMY
  • Don't bother.

  • He turns, then stops, turns again, then walks back to her.

  • RYAN
  • I'll stay, but the games - a little tiring. I won't ever understand everything you're trying to say.

  • She stays focused on the rain drops.

  • He stands looking at her for a while.

  • RYAN
  • Ok, then.

  • Ryan sighs, then sits on the arm rest and waits, watching her.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: