Wednesday, October 29, 2008

303. A Thousand Ways to Say I Love You - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. ARI AND MICA'S BEDROOM - MORNING

  • MICA lies on her back, bed sheets pulled to her waist.

  • ARI is flipped the other way, in loose, plaid pjs and a white undershirt.

  • He traces the large blue tattoo that swirls around Mica's bellybutton.

  • MICA
  • Mmm, that feels nice - what does your day look like?

  • ARI
  • Still working on the story.

  • MICA
  • Wow, that's going to be some article.

  • ARI
  • Woohoo for investigative journalism.

  • He flicks her bellybutton ring and it clinks metallically.

  • She giggles.

  • MICA
  • Well, lucky me, I'm meeting this new artist, I'd love to get her work in the gallery, just have to sell bossman on the idea.

  • ARI
  • Eh, good luck on that.

  • MICA
  • What's that quote about work you like?

  • ARI
  • The heights by great men reached and kept / Were not attained by sudden flight, / But they, while their companions slept, / Were toiling upward in the night. Longfellow.

  • MICA
  • Longfellow, right. Gosh, you are extraordinarily well-read darling.

  • ARI
  • Nah, I just liked surfing quote websites.

  • MICA
  • Ah, so you're an empty shell with a beautifully deceptive veneer?

  • You, my dear, have pierced me to the core.

  • Hand on her belly, he looks up at her and they smile.

  • MICA
  • Yes, yes I know dear. I do too. Now, stop distracting me, my artist won't wait.

  • He rolls over and she crawls out of bed, pulling sheets with her.

  • She stumbles over to him, kisses him on the forehead, then heads to the bathroom, tripping hard on the way.

  • She recovers and does an awkward plie, then attempts an arabesque.

  • He laughs and blows her a kiss.

  • She winks and disappears into the bathroom.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: