Friday, October 24, 2008

298. In Which Robison Crusoe Meets a Tragic Romantic - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. TREEHOUSE - DAY

  • IRA leans against the wooden wall of the treehouse while ALYSSA peers out the window at the ground below.

  • She pulls her head back and puts it on Ira's shoulder.

  • ALYSSA
  • What kind of fantasies did you have as a kid about me?

  • IRA
  • I didn't know you.

  • ALYSSA
  • Babe, I'm obviously the girl of your dreams and knowing you, you've been dreaming about your dream girl all your life, so it follows that....

  • IRA
  • Right.

  • ALYSSA
  • And?

  • IRA
  • Perfectly normal dreams would always end up in these hideous situations where we'd end up trapped in some kind of way and die horrible deaths in each others arms. It would be amazingly heartbreaking, in the kind of way that would make you wake up and thing "I want to meet someone I feel that passionately about." And then I'd be morose all week.

  • ALYSSA
  • That's so sweet...and twisted. Kind of like you.

  • IRA
  • Me in a nutshell.

  • ALYSSA
  • Well, I just wanted to be Robinson Crusoe. Create a whole world in the trees...this amazing mansion in the air - and to be able to do all those things with my hands.

  • IRA
  • Explains why you like treehouses.

  • A car pulls in the driveway.

  • ALYSSA
  • Crap!

  • IRA
  • What?

  • ALYSSA
  • We gotta run.

  • IRA
  • But I thought this was your Uncle's place.

  • ALYSSA
  • You wouldn't have come otherwise.

  • Ira freezes, then tosses back his head and laughs.

  • ALYSSA
  • Come on!

  • She scrambles out of the treehouse.

  • EXT. BACKYARD - DAY

  • Ira races after her and they slip out the gate and into the alley.

  • They stop, look at each other and then start laughing and can't stop.

  • IRA
  • Good day, Ms. Crusoe!

  • ALYSSA
  • Good day sir, I say, good day!

  • They saunter, giggling, down the alley holding hands.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: