Saturday, August 30, 2008

243. On a Hill - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. STAGE B, CRAFT SERVICES - DAY

  • A group of crew members sit around a large plastic table digging into their food.

  • LANCE grabs his plate and sits down at the table, adjusting tool belt.

  • He glances around a for a second, then closes his eyes and offers a quick, silent prayer for the food.

  • He glances around a for a second, then closes his eyes and offers a quick, silent prayer for the food.

  • TIM
  • You mind praying out loud, for both our meals?

  • Lance's eyes pop open.

  • LANCE
  • Uh, sure.

  • He leans towards Tim and speaks in a quiet voice.

  • LANCE
  • Father, thanks for friends and work and sharing food. Thanks for community. Bless this food, help it give us strength, Amen.

  • TIM
  • Amen.

  • LANCE
  • I didn't realize you were a believer.

  • TIM
  • I'm not, but you shouldn't be ashamed of what you believe, you don't have to look around and hide it. I just wanted to share your faith with you, experience what you believed for a moment. A holy moment, no?

  • Lance looks at Tim, slightly stunned.

  • Tim smiles at him; his radio beeps.

  • KEY GRIP (VO)
  • Hey, this is Erica for Tim.

  • TIM
  • Go for Tim.

  • KEY GRIP (VO)
  • Need you for a quick pow wow.

  • TIM
  • Copy, I'll be there in a sec.

  • Tim nods to Lance.

  • TIM
  • Thanks for praying with me.

  • He grabs his plate and walks briskly towards the main stage leaving Lance still staring in wonder at him.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


1 comment:

Lizzy said...

This happened to me last night. I was out for dinner with my cousin and his girlfriend, both much older than me, neither religious, and as I was about to pray she asked if I'd pray for all of them. So I did. It was a cool moment.