Saturday, August 16, 2008

229. That Small Little Confused Feeling - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. LEXI'S COFFEE SHOP - DAY

  • AARON stares wistfully across the restaurant at a MIA, a waitress with red-hair cropped short around her neck.

  • She spins around the tables, dancing to the tune playing on the house speakers.

  • She drops coffee off at the a table, smiles at the patrons, then is off swaying to the music with the joy of a new soul drinking in all she can absorb.

  • AMY sits across from Aaron and waves at him, trying to get his attention.

  • AARON
  • She looks nice.

  • AMY
  • That's what I've been trying to tell you, you dolt. That's my girlfriend. What is it with you? I swear, you're more attracted to lesbian women than I am.

  • AARON
  • I've just got no luck I guess.

  • He sighs.

  • Amy inspects her perfectly crafted nails.

  • AMY
  • Geez...if this goes on, we might just have to get you surgery.

  • She pokes at him mockingly.

  • AARON
  • Shh, you, I'm quite happy being a guy; it just so happens that women from your tribe hold a special fascination for me.

  • AMY
  • Oh wait, wait...not my tribe.

  • She flips her long hair.

  • AMY
  • You don't just like lesbians, you like butch girls. I don't know what happened to you inside Mom, but you are one messed up little boy.

  • AARON
  • Some would say the same about you...

  • AMY
  • What? I didn't hear you insult me. Speak up, mumbler.

  • AARON
  • Don't call me that.

  • AMY
  • Here's what we need to do...hook you up with a nice butch bi girl, then slowly ween you off onto straight chicks. If that doesn't work...we're just going to have to get you boobs.

  • Aaron is still staring at Mia.

  • AMY
  • Hey, hey buddy...back off my woman.

  • AARON
  • It's my need to be...

  • AMY
  • Shh, I never need to hear my little brother say what he was about to say.

  • AARON
  • You're probably right. Still...

  • He glances at Mia, then tries to focus on Amy.

  • AMY
  • Oh goodness! Fine! If you promise to keep your eyes off of Mia, I'll find you the butchest straight girl out there.

  • AARON
  • Oh you will, will you? That'd be super-d-dandy of you.

  • AMY
  • Sarcasm will get you nowhere.

  • AARON
  • This time, no fourth cousins, yeah?

  • Amy waves as if to say "what's the big deal?"

  • AARON
  • And if she's a poet...even better.

  • AMY
  • Oh yeah? Mia's got some great stuff.

  • AARON
  • You're killing me, sis.

  • AMY
  • That's what I'm here for.

  • AARON
  • Great. Much appreciated.

  • She smiles at him and he's forced to smile back.

  • AMY
  • Anytime, darlin'.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: