Friday, August 15, 2008

228. Pamper - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. DAVIDSON'S GROCERIES - EVENING

  • EMIE stands behind the cash register filing her nails as she waits for her next customer.

  • Hipsters and well-dressed couples fill the boutique grocery store.

  • ANA, dressed in jeans, a thin sweater, and a beret walks up to the register.

  • Her hair extends out of the beret in all directions; her face has a smear of dirt on it and she is sweaty.

  • She places her items on the conveyor belt: A fancy pizza, colorful designer juices, a large bar of chocolate, and candles.

  • EMIE
  • One of those days?

  • ANA
  • Oh you don't even know. I'm broke, I owe the IRS money, and my car just died. If I don't get some me-time soon, I'm going to snap.

  • EMIE
  • I know how you feel, I'm sorry.

  • Emi finishes ringing her up.

  • ANA
  • So I'm going to go pamper me.

  • EMIE
  • Good for you. That'll be 23.20

  • Ana pays and grabs her bag of groceries.

  • She walks to the automatic doors, tripping, then regaining her balance.

  • Emie smiles in her direction.

  • ANA
  • Soon, very soon.

  • She sighs and returns her eyes to the register where a large, angry man in a track suit is demanding her attention.

  • ANA
  • Soon.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: