Thursday, August 7, 2008

220. Too Good - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. CAFE 36 - EVENING

  • SHAWN sits by himself at a small table in the cafe, nursing a cup of tea.

  • He plays with small, circular infuser that has symbol-shaped holes cut from it's metal surface and stares at the empty chair across from him.

  • He plays with the buttons on his shirt, straightens his collar and turns back to the tea.

  • Shawn starts; AMY is sitting in the chair across from him.

  • SHAWN
  • Who are...

  • AMY
  • Amy.

  • SHAWN
  • Shawn.

  • AMY
  • I'm not going to ask you if you believe in love at first sight...I think that we all half believe it, so I'm not really interested in your answer to that. But I would like to know what your fantasy of love at first love would look like.

  • SHAWN
  • Ok...well, I've never been asked that before and especially not by someone I don't even know.

  • She cocks her head and smiles.

  • SHAWN
  • Fine, ok. A lot of guys are all about the pursuit; but I'm not really that interested in that.

  • AMY
  • You mean you think it would be way sexier to bump into someone who was so matched for you that both of you realized that you were matched for each other?

  • SHAWN
  • Huh...huh. You're the first person to get that. Yes, that's exactly what I would love to happen. I think the idea of two people evenly matched is ridiculously hot.

  • AMY
  • But it's not like you'd be clones either. They'd get a kick out of all these shared memories.

  • SHAWN
  • And the cool thing would be the slight difference in perspective and experience.

  • AMY
  • Heh. Exactly. Like I used to walk around with a mirror pointed up as a kid so I could walk on the ceiling.

  • SHAWN
  • Me too! Music?

  • AMY
  • Counting Crows changed my life, cried through Natalie Merchant's live album the first time I heard it. Polyphonic Spree makes me giggle. My collection is eclectic as hell. You know what I'm talking about.

  • Shawn nods and grins.

  • AMY
  • Movies?

  • SHAWN
  • I spent two years digging through Donnie Darko and I still haven't figured out everything about that movie...and that makes me giddy. I spent two days writing after seeing both Angel-A and Paris J'Taime in one sitting.

  • AMY
  • And you want to buy a schooner and travel the world as a nomadic war photographer; but boy would you like a partner to keep you company.

  • Shawn's eyes go wide.

  • AMY
  • Good, I was hoping that's what your reaction would be.

  • SHAWN
  • Good guess.

  • AMY
  • Well, it's what I want too...so I figured.

  • He reaches across the table and touches her hand.

  • INT. SHAWN'S BEDROOM - DAY

  • Shawn jerks out of sleep and falls off his bed.

  • SHAWN
  • You've got to be kidding me! Frick!

  • He slams his pillow into the side of the bed.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: