Sunday, August 17, 2008

230. Little White Shoes - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

  • A PAIR OF WHITE SOCKS lies neatly on the wooden floor of the hotel room.

  • Further up, BALLED UP BLACK SOCKS hit the floor by the bed skirt.

  • The sound of water lapping at sand quietly fills the room.

  • Further along the bed skirt TWO PAIRS OF SHOES, a pair of white ballet shoes with delicate stitching and tiny white roses and spit-shined black dress shoes, rest side by side.

  • JEREMY sits cross-legged on the bed, his tux jacket draped neatly across a chair, his bow tie loose around his neck.

  • ALLISON sits across from him, her wedding dress puff out around her.

  • They sit, looking at each other, Allison with a goofy grin growing across her face, Jeremy serious.

  • A smile pinches at his lips.

  • JEREMY
  • So, you glad we waited?

  • ALLISON
  • You think it'll be awkward?

  • JEREMY
  • Oh, it'll be incredibly awkward.

  • ALLISON
  • Shame...I was just in this for your body and your unbelievable sexual prowess.

  • JEREMY
  • It's true, I led you on.

  • ALLISON
  • I knew it! I'll be leaving now. Don't you dare call me.

  • She turns, as if to go and they both burst out laughing.

  • ALLISON
  • Yeah, I am. I wasn't sure at first...you and your bright ideas. But I'm glad we stuck it out. This may not be the best ever, but it'll be special, unique. Maybe I should stop using shortbus synonyms.

  • JEREMY
  • Maybe. Thanks for respecting my boundaries.

  • ALLISON
  • You need to be shutting up right about now...there are boundaries I'm ready to start disrespecting.

  • JEREMY
  • Turn around.

  • Allison scoots around on the bed.

  • ALLISON
  • I'm kind of giddy.

  • JEREMY
  • As long as you're more giddy when we're doing the same thing 90 years from now.

  • ALLISON
  • Oh, I like how you think.

  • JEREMY
  • Mmm, so it wasn't just for my body...

  • ALLISON
  • Darling...

  • JEREMY
  • I didn't actually believe I'd find you.

  • She leans back at puts her head on his shoulder and he begins unlacing the corset top of her wedding dress.

  • She reaches behind herself and finds his hands, then pulls his arms around her stomach.

  • And they sit, two lovers at the edge of diving.

  • EXT. HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

  • The hotel is modeled like a Swiss chalet, perched high in the Rockies.

  • Allison and Jeremy are visible through their window as he keep an arm around her and gently continues to unlace her.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: