Thursday, May 22, 2008

143. Plastic Dreams - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. DEPARTMENT STORE - DAY

  • HARRY walks through the perfume section of the department store, scanning the wares.

  • He looks up, and sees a DARK-HAIRED WOMAN in the women's clothing section.

  • He freezes, takes a long look, and turns pale.

  • He carefully maneuvers towards the clothing section, using aisles that circumvent her line of sight.

  • He comes up behind her.

  • HARRY
  • Excuse me. Excuse me.

  • She ignores him.

  • He takes a deep breathe and moves around her until he is facing her

  • HARRY
  • I know this sounds crazy, but you're my dream girl. I mean, oh, that sounds all wrong out loud. No, wait, don't go. I mean, I've had these dreams since I was a kid, and there was always this woman running through them, daring me to catch her. It was you. I knew you were real. I'm madly in love with you.

  • She freezes.

  • He grabs her hand.

  • A SECURITY GUARD sees what is happening from a distance and begins approaching.

  • HARRY
  • Wow, cold hands! But no cold feet, right? Heh, heh. Right, I shouldn't talk so much, I have a problem with my mental filter. But please you have to believe me, we are right for each other. Why else would you be in my head. Was I in your dreams?

  • The security guard grabs Harry.

  • Harry struggles for a moment, refusing to let go of the woman.

  • HARRY
  • Sir! Please unhand the mannequin!

  • Harry stops, really staring into the woman's face for the first time, then scurries away from the bemused guard and the now ruffled display model.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: