Saturday, May 10, 2008

131. Immortal - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. CAR - DAY

  • ADAM sits inside a small compact car, an empty look on his face.

  • He flinches every so often with concentration as he drives.

  • ADAM (V.O.)
  • Hey honey, I have something to tell you. I went to jail today.

  • The little compact whizzes past medians on the wrong side of the road.

  • ADAM (V.O.)
  • It's simple really. I'm invincible. I mean, on some intellectual level I know I'm not; but it's how I feel, and that's all that matters.

  • Tires squeal as cars slide out of his way.

  • Adam's path never changes as he hurtles along the highway in a perpetual game of chicken.

  • ADAM (V.O.)
  • I'm not always like this; but some days I just have enough, and frustration turns into anger and I lock it away inside and it sits there and festers and I break out with a case of numbness. And then I become invincible.

  • Lights begin flashing behind him as a cop follows in mad pursuit.

  • ADAM (V.O.)
  • Something on the edge of my conscious mind tells me I should be worried about this. But I'm more worried that I'm not worried. But I'm not really worried about that either, if you get my drift.

  • A car slams into the guardrail as it tries to avoid Adam.

  • ADAM (V.O.)
  • Sometimes I just snap. My dad used to say he saw red when he got angry. I see cold blue. When I snap, there's no explosion, just a gradual descent into this. And for a few moments, I know that I will live forever.

  • His car races faster.

  • As he rounds the bridge, a bank of cops line the road, creating a blockade.

  • He slams through a line of nails and two of his tires blow.

  • He slides towards the row of police cars flashing their lights.

  • ADAM (V.O.)
  • Cops really don't like invincible people.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: