Thursday, March 27, 2008

87. Knights - Leslie






  • FADE IN:

  • INT. DAN AND SARAH'S LIVING ROOM - EVENING

  • DAN and SARAH sit next to each other on the living room couch.

  • Sarah is dressed in PJs, legs folded under her as she surfs absently through the channels.

  • Dan is dressed up, drumming the coffee table impatiently.

  • SARAH
  • Relax.

  • DAN
  • Trying.

  • SARAH
  • So wait, tell me again...when you were a kid, you wanted...?

  • DAN
  • I used to fantasize that the girl of my dreams would suddenly appear outside my window, and take me away on amazing adventures.

  • Sarah snorts.

  • SARAH
  • In what? A hot hair balloon or something.

  • DAN
  • Something, I dunno. I don't think I ever got that far, I'd just play that part over and over, her appearing. I'd be delighted, but not surprised...I knew she was coming.

  • Sarah coughs trying not to laugh, and fails.

  • DAN
  • See, this is why we're not dating anymore.

  • SARAH
  • Exactly.

  • DAN
  • I'm surprised we work as roommates.

  • SARAH
  • Barely.

  • The doorbell rings.

  • SARAH
  • Elena?

  • DAN
  • Yeah.

  • He walks over and opens the door for ELENA, who stands grinning at him and hands him a simple bouquet.

  • DAN
  • She gets it.

  • Sarah snorts.

  • SARAH
  • Go, go...your white knight has arrived

  • Dan grabs Elena's hand.

  • DAN
  • Let's go, the Evil Ex over there is tormenting me.

  • ELENA
  • Bye Sarah, have a good evening.

  • Sarah waves, then sticks out her tongue at Dan as he closes the door.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: