Monday, March 3, 2008

60. Perfect date cont.-Eric







  • FADE IN

  • EXT. ALLEY-DAY

  • Glen manages to turn the hover around and speeds through the alley. They look down at the red hover in flames as they pass.

  • GLEN
  • Okay. I'll come clean.

  • >li class="action">There is an uncomfortable silence.
  • GLEN
  • You guys are robots. When you swallow that that pill I'll give you more information.

  • More uncomfortable silence. Glen finally turns out of the alley into the air with traffic.

  • GRAHAM
  • What?

  • GLEN
  • Disturbing isn't it?

  • Graham sighs in disbelief.

  • Chassie places a hand on his shoulder.

  • GRAHAM
  • Yeah, this isn't a joke.

  • GLEN
  • I'm not even sure of the full details. But I think someone within the company doesn't want the world to know. it looks like they're eliminating the ones that do. And they started with her.

  • Glen points to Christine's body.

  • GLEN CONT'D
  • Once I repair her, maybe she can tell us more.

  • GRAHAM
  • Let's say you're right. Why doesn't anyone know? Why are you two special? What's the point of not telling anyone? Plus any doctor can verify that we're real.

  • Glen makes a turn, eyeing the rear view mirror. Chassie and jake turn back from time to time, to see if anyone is following them.

  • GLEN
  • Well, for one your synthetically made to appear human in every possible way. You even have a heart the pumps blood. You've got an endocrine system that regulates hormones.

  • GRAHAM
  • So my brain, my heart, everything is synthetic?

  • GLEN
  • That's right. And the only way to tell is to test for certain metabolites, and fatty acids. When they started manufacturing you they didn't cover every detail.

  • CHASSIE
  • What's crazy is how we didn't know. How many people know?

  • GRAHAM
  • Why didn't you tell us?

  • GLEN
  • For the simple fact that I couldn't even sort it out in my own head. Once I found out me and Chass are the only ones left, I freaked. Christine told headquarters and then this crazy stuff started happening.

  • JAKE
  • Unbelievable. I'm a robot. Wait, then how do I get stoned?

  • GLEN
  • That's because you have amazing artificial intelligence. You have emotions. You'd have to understand the engineering aspect to really appreciate it.

  • JAKE
  • So everyone? My mom? The check-out girl at the grocery store?

  • Glen nods.

  • JAKE
  • Wow.


No comments: