Monday, March 17, 2008

77. Day 1 - Leslie






  • FADE IN:

  • INT. FIRST CLASS CARRIAGE - MORNING

  • Light leaks in through window shades, throwing beams of light across ERIC and AMELIA's blanket-wrapped bodies.

  • They curve together, his arm wrapped around her waist.

  • The sound of the train rumbles gently away, a constant, friendly growl dominating the background noise.

  • Eric stirs and strokes Amelia's hair.

  • He loses himself in the repetition.

  • She blinks awake, yawns, then turns, half-facing him.

  • ERIC
  • Morning Mee.

  • AMELIA
  • Mmmm.

  • ERIC
  • One day.

  • AMELIA
  • Do you think we'll ever hate each other?

  • ERIC
  • No. Sometimes. I hope not.

  • AMELIA
  • I think we will, but I trust us to figure it out when we get there. We'll grow past it.

  • ERIC
  • My optimist.

  • She grins.

  • AMELIA
  • Wow.

  • Eric nods.

  • She turns completely, facing him, their eyes inches away from each others.

  • AMELIA
  • Are you ready for this?

  • ERIC
  • Are you?

  • AMELIA
  • No, but I think we are.

  • He kisses her.

  • ERIC
  • My optimist. We're on this crazy journey aren't we?

  • AMELIA
  • Yeah, babe. I'm scared too.

  • He pulls her close.

  • ERIC
  • Mrs. O'Grady.

  • AMELIA
  • Mr. O'Grady.

  • Their eyelashes touch, and then they embrace, holding each other tightly.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: