Wednesday, September 24, 2008

268. Rainbow Tasters - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • 0TH STREET APARTMENTS LOBBY - NIGHT

  • ANDY, dressed in torn jeans, and old t-shirt, and looking slightly bleary-eyed, stands in front of a vending machine, contemplating its treasures.

  • AMY stands behind him, waiting.

  • He finally makes a choice and slides his hand under the metal flap as a packet of Skittles lands with a thud.

  • Grabbing it, he spins around, to find a smiling Amy approaching the machine.

  • AMY
  • Your favorite?

  • ANDY
  • Kind of. I like trying new things, but felt kind of nostalgic today.

  • AMY
  • Oh?

  • ANDY
  • When I was a kid, I went with my Dad on a business trip and discovered a Skittles dispenser in the hotel lobby. I'd never really had anything like that before...you know how it is when you're a kid, a variation on something you know is amazing.

  • AMY
  • So essentially, you discovered fruity M&M's.

  • ANDY
  • Exactly! And it was just so wonderful. It opened up a whole new world, made me think anything was possible. I spent my entire allowance on them. I'd slip down to the lobby and hold them in my hands and savor them; and it was heartbreaking every time one fell.

  • AMY
  • Still is...You've sold me. I'll get the Skittles.

  • ANDY
  • And now I feel like a corporate shill.

  • AMY
  • Well corporate shill, what's your name?

  • ANDY
  • Andy, from 278.

  • AMY
  • Amy, 301.

  • ANDY
  • Good meeting you Amy. I have to get back to some editing...film stuff. Hopefully we can bump into each other again

  • Amy grabs her bag of Skittles and shrugs, smiling.

  • AMY
  • Thanks for the memories.

  • She slips into the stairwell and Andy listens to her feet pound upwards for a moment, then turns and follows her up.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: