Saturday, September 13, 2008

257. Alt - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • INT. BANQUET HALL - NIGHT

  • ERIN and SHELLEY stand quietly at the edge of the hall watching the party in front of them.

  • They are both dressed beautifully, Erin in long, flowing dress that pretends to show far more than it does.

  • Shelley is dressed in a flared skirt and an eye-catching blouse whose collar wraps around her neck, then descends into buttons crossing diagonally across the fabric.

  • Shelley holds a glass of water in her hand; Erin is drinking a colorful concoction with an orchid garnish.

  • ERIC strolls up to them.

  • ERIC
  • Shelley! Looking beautiful.

  • SHELLEY
  • Erin, this is Eric, he works at the magazine with me.

  • ERIC
  • We just love her odd little stories about alternative culture.

  • He takes Erin's gloved hand and kisses it.

  • Erin whispers, coyly.

  • ERIN
  • Charmed.

  • ERIC
  • She's a quiet one.

  • Shelley smiles.

  • SHELLEY
  • He is, sometimes. He has a nice silence though, I think, thoughtful.

  • ERIC
  • He?

  • SHELLEY
  • Erin. He's my husband.

  • Eric takes a closer look at Erin's fine features and smooth skin and blinks hard.

  • Erin speaks in his normal voice.

  • ERIN
  • Pleasure to meet you.

  • ERIC
  • Uh, you'll have to excuse me, I, uh, there's Nathan, I need to talk to him about an article.

  • He spins and makes a beeline for the center of the room.

  • Shelley and Erin look at each other and grin.

  • He grabs her hand.

  • ERIN
  • And this, darling, is why I married you.

  • SHELLEY
  • Mmm, ditto, ditto. Oh, let me introduce you to my boss.

  • Erin sips daintily at his drink.

  • ERIN
  • Excellent.

  • Shelley walks into the crowd, Erin in tow.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: