Tuesday, September 9, 2008

253. Petals and Puddles - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • EXT. CITY SIDEWALK - DAY

  • SUKI splashes through silvery puddles on the concrete, her flip flops squishing as she moves, a trail of red roses drifting to the ground behind her.

  • She holds a large bouquet of dark red roses in her hand, plucking petals from the stems and dropping them into the air.

  • The petals float in the puddles, blood and mercury pooling together.

  • Smiling sadly at bemused passer-bys, she glides along, squishing along in the fresh rainwater.

  • SUKI (VO)
  • They put a bomb inside me; see, there's there's scar.

  • Her shirt rides up, revealing a fresh, angry red scar traveling up her abdomen.

  • SUKI (VO)
  • They told me I had an hour to live, so I bought flowers. I would have run away, but they'll blow me up. They'll blow me up if I say anything. So I bought flowers.

  • She pulls more petals from the stems and tosses them up, watching them fall.

  • A man with an earpiece watches her from a window above the street.

  • She looks at her watch, the minute hand brushing at the hour mark, the second hand ticking closer and closer.

  • She pulls another petal away from the stem, a tear welling up in her eye.

  • Her foot lands in another puddle and in that instant, there is perfect silence as she disappears in pure light.

  • The white turns to fiery red and the explosion shakes the buildings around as the shock waves travel down the street.

  • The silvery puddles grow red veins and the petals float in pools of diluted blood.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: