Monday, November 24, 2008

329. Little Red - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • EXT. DESERT - DAY

  • ISAAC walks wearily across the empty landscape, thirsty for a simple change in scenery.

  • He walks with a slow and steady pace, his well-worn boots thumping rhythmically on the sand.

  • A flask of water is flung around his shoulder and his carries a full backpack.

  • A group of rocks rises out of the horizon and Isaac walks quicker, moving towards them.

  • He blinks as he catches sight of red cloth billowing in the wind from the rocks for an instant, then it is gone.

  • He moves even faster.

  • EXT. ROCK FORMATION - DAY

  • Isaac finally reaches the rocks.

  • He looks around for the flash of color.

  • RED steps out from behind a column of rock above him.

  • She seems to tower above him from her rocky perch.

  • She is wrapped in a red hood that shadows her eyes.

  • She wraps the cloth around her, knee-high black boots peeking out from behind the cloth.

  • ISAAC
  • Was I sent here to see you?

  • RED
  • And who sent you?

  • ISAAC
  • God told me to come here.

  • RED
  • Well, it's time for you to leave. The wolf is coming.

  • Isaac shakes his head.

  • ISAAC
  • But I'm supposed to be here. Where am I supposed to go?

  • RED
  • No, it's time for you to leave. You need to leave now. Think hard, who are you?

  • ISAAC
  • Isaac.

  • RED
  • Where did you come from?

  • ISAAC
  • I...I, God sent me.

  • RED
  • You can't remember.

  • ISAAC
  • God sent me.

  • RED
  • Hurry, think harder.

  • ISAAC
  • I, I really can't remember. Am I crazy?

  • RED
  • You're just shifted.

  • ISAAC
  • Shifted?

  • Red holds her hands palms out in front of her face and moves them apart.

  • RED
  • No one's really crazy. They've just shifted dimensions. Bits of them in one, bits in the other. But you, you need to get out before it's too late. The wolf is coming.

  • ISAAC
  • I'm so confused.

  • RED
  • Please, concentrate. I can hear him, he's coming.

  • Isaac closes his eyes.

  • The very distant sound of snarling comes from beyond the rocks.

  • ISAAC
  • I can't.

  • She reaches down and grabs him by the arm, pulling him up to her.

  • RED
  • You get behind me. Work on getting out of here.

  • ISAAC
  • How do I unshift if I don't even know what shifting is?

  • RED
  • You just look for that memory, that one memory beyond the desert.

  • A large wolf appears beyond the rise of the hills, snarling, his teeth bloody as he charges for the rocks.

  • Red pulls a massive gun from beneath her cloak and brings it to her shoulder.

  • RED
  • You get out now; as long as you're here, I can't hold him off forever.

  • Isaac squeezes his eyes shut, concentrating hard.

  • ISAAC
  • I think, I remember, something...it's, it's all white.

  • He begins to fade.

  • Red glances back.

  • RED
  • Good! Go, go, hold that memory.

  • ISAAC
  • How about you?

  • RED
  • Go! I'll be just fine, I've killed the big bad wolf before.

  • Isaac flickers.

  • Red sights along the barrel and fires as the wolf prepares to leap.

  • The wolf dodges and leaps into the air, fangs bared.

  • Isaac disappears and Red fires again, the impact of the bullet freezing the wolf in midair before he collapses onto the desert floor.

  • INT. SNAKE RIVER HOSPITAL - DAY

  • saac blinks, inhaling sharply.

  • He sits, straitjacketed on a cot in a white room.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: