Sunday, November 2, 2008

307. Riddle - Leslie







  • FADE IN:

  • EXT. SIDEWALK - DAY

  • VIRGINIA walks down the side walk, looking straight forward.

  • She is dressed in a thick ski jacket and jeans.

  • VIRGINIA
  • I am formidable. Far deadlier than you will ever know and far gentler.

  • She smiles and pulls off the jacket tossing it behind her, revealing a high-collared blouse.

  • She pulls up a sleeve revealing a rubber tourniquet and flicks at her arm teasing a vein up.

  • VIRGINIA
  • I inject ideas like dope, I live high on the fumes of your imagination; I am infinite and short-lived.

  • She pulls at her neck, seemingly pulling away a layer of herself, revealing a beautiful corset, dark jeans, and boots.

  • VIRGINIA
  • I'm your unanswered questions...i.e. Do each of the planets within parallel universes share the same parallel universes or do they each have their own respective collection of parallel universes and what about the worlds within those universes? How many infinities would you spend exploring the solar system before you went mad? Grasp infinity, by the way, I dare you? Tired yet? Well I'm not. Is our universe, unimaginable in size, simply a speck of dust within another universe, which is a speck of dust within another which is a...

  • She interrupts herself, pulling at her hair to reveal that it is a wig hiding cropped red hair - she tosses the wig behind her.

  • VIRGINIA
  • I am complexity and simplicity folded infinitely into themselves - and infinite amount of facets. I contain a billion universes within me.

  • She pulls another layer of herself away, revealing a plain white dress and dark red pinafore.

  • VIRGINIA
  • I'll haunt your nightmares if you like but won't touch your daydreams. I'm always here and like that...

  • She snaps her fingers hard.

  • VIRGINIA
  • I'm gone.

  • She pulls another layer away, and is gone, the last layer of her blowing down the street, leaving nothing in its place.

  • FADE TO BLACK.


No comments: